About the Fundserv Integration, so far :
- Fundserv is the primary data clearing centre for all Canadian mutual fund data.
- The data uses data standards agreed by the industry (IFIC) of which the "910 file" format is the account reconciliation file
- Each fund company passes data for orders and account information using these standards and it is Fundserv is the central clearing.
- PlanPlus does not communicate with Fundserv. PlanPlus communicates with a number of back offices such as Univeris, Winfund, RPM, etc. The back office clients then communicate with Fundserv, which is like a central data clearing house.
- PlanPlus also receives communications from the back office that is coming back from Fundserv.
- To make this work, there needs to be an integration between PlanPlus and the back office.
- PlanPlus have many corporate accounts where this has been accomplished. However to make it work your dealer's head office has to give the arrangement the official blessing.