Difference between revisions of "Planipedia Meeting Minutes"

From Planipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
'''Meeting of February 17th, 2010 - 7:00 AM EST'''
 +
 +
Attending were Devang Shah, Lynne Myles, John Page and Shawn Brayman
 +
 +
*Discussed the fact that we still have not gotten confirmation for FPA Australia on their support.  Shawn Brayman is to forward to Devang Shah correspondence with FPA Australia so that Devang can follow up with them.
 +
*We confirmed that the FPA has posted their Cross Boarder content as was documented in our meeting of January 20th. 
 +
*Shawn mentioned that our Founding Sponsor time frame ends the end of March and thus we must confirm with any remaining potential sponsors if they are going to proceed.  Specifically Brazil was mentioned
 +
*At the present time it appears that only two of our founding sponsors have the “Proud supporter of Planipedia” link on their web sites.  Namely “Right Returns” and “Finametrica”.  Shawn mentioned that several organizations, such as CIFPS are holding off putting the link on their site until their conference where they plan to promote the site.  We agreed that it would be appropriate for contacted to be made with all of the founding sponsors asking for confirmation on their willingness to include the link on their sites.  Lynne and Elaine will prepare a list of sponsors and assign several to Devang, Shawn, Lynne to follow up with.
 +
*Shawn brought to our attention that the cross boarder content for various countries has a reference to Brazil and a video link that needs to be removed or updated with the appropriate link for that country.  Elaine will be asked to make these edits to the site.
 +
*We agreed that we need to keep encouraging more contributor traffic.  The new content on the site is coming in slowly.  Shawn indicated that he knew that FPSC and CIFPS in Canada have both set up committees to start contributing.  We need to continue to encourage this.
 +
 
'''Meeting of February 2nd & 3rd, 2010 - 11:00 PM EST'''
 
'''Meeting of February 2nd & 3rd, 2010 - 11:00 PM EST'''
  

Revision as of 08:21, 17 February 2010

Meeting of February 17th, 2010 - 7:00 AM EST

Attending were Devang Shah, Lynne Myles, John Page and Shawn Brayman

  • Discussed the fact that we still have not gotten confirmation for FPA Australia on their support. Shawn Brayman is to forward to Devang Shah correspondence with FPA Australia so that Devang can follow up with them.
  • We confirmed that the FPA has posted their Cross Boarder content as was documented in our meeting of January 20th.
  • Shawn mentioned that our Founding Sponsor time frame ends the end of March and thus we must confirm with any remaining potential sponsors if they are going to proceed. Specifically Brazil was mentioned
  • At the present time it appears that only two of our founding sponsors have the “Proud supporter of Planipedia” link on their web sites. Namely “Right Returns” and “Finametrica”. Shawn mentioned that several organizations, such as CIFPS are holding off putting the link on their site until their conference where they plan to promote the site. We agreed that it would be appropriate for contacted to be made with all of the founding sponsors asking for confirmation on their willingness to include the link on their sites. Lynne and Elaine will prepare a list of sponsors and assign several to Devang, Shawn, Lynne to follow up with.
  • Shawn brought to our attention that the cross boarder content for various countries has a reference to Brazil and a video link that needs to be removed or updated with the appropriate link for that country. Elaine will be asked to make these edits to the site.
  • We agreed that we need to keep encouraging more contributor traffic. The new content on the site is coming in slowly. Shawn indicated that he knew that FPSC and CIFPS in Canada have both set up committees to start contributing. We need to continue to encourage this.

Meeting of February 2nd & 3rd, 2010 - 11:00 PM EST

Attending were Geoff Davies (Feb 3), Devang Shah (Feb 2) and Larry Bowen (Feb 2 & Feb 3)

  • Need to follow-up with FPA Australia on their support.
  • Need to follow-up on sponsors to confirm that they have posted the "proud supporter of Planipedia" on their web site.
  • Follow-up item from last months minutes is for PlanPlus to circulate the Google Analytics.

Meeting of January 20th, 2010 - 3:00 PM EST

Attending were Larry Bowen, Shawn Brayman, Elaine Hartjes, Kelly Lorimer, Lynne Myles, Tamara Smith

  • Geoff Davey and Devang Shah sent regrets
  • It was agreed we need to encourage supporters to attend meetings. Lynne suggested we send a reminder notice out 15 minutes prior to meeting times. Shawn suggested we look into www.freeconference.com
  • We will continue to pursue additional supporters
  • The FPA has come on board and agrees to share their cross-border information which will be posted to Planipedia this week.
  • Elaine will gather Planipedia referral site information from Google Analytics, then will send reminders for Supporters to post Planipedia's logo on their websites.
  • Tamara advised that the FPSC marketing group will meet with their content specialists to decide which content is best to post in Planipedia. They are hoping to meet within the next 2 weeks. The intent is to hold monthly meetings which will automatically include discussions on Planipedia.
  • Jordan and/or Elaine will arrange a quick training session with Tamara and Kelly
  • Shawn showed everyone a sample of a supporter attribution and suggested Tamara login to the FPSC page, provide updates, etc. and then proceed from there.
  • Shawn provided the group with an update on Supporters. Shawn met with the IFPHK and the India Financial Planning Association.

Meeting of January 6th, 2010 - 7:00AM EST

Attending were Shawn Brayman, John Page, Nicki Potts.

  • Wee Hen and Devang sent regrets - we are still having issues getting the time zones and dates straight.
  • Apologies were made for the confusion on the timing of the December call. In the future FinaMetrica will host the Skype call when it lands at 3pm Sydney time, and hopefully Wee Hen or Devang will host when it is 5:30pm in Mumbai.
  • It was agreed to extend the timeframe for the "Founding Supporters" recognition for another 60 to 90 days to try and finalize discussions with NAPFA, FPA US, FPA Australia and others.
  • Shawn will approach FPSB to see about a general support and communication to sister orgs.
  • General discussion about continued efforts to get supporters to put the Planipedia link on their sites. We are starting to see traffic from several sites and the FFP in the Netherlands requested the logo in Dutch.
  • Wee Hen observed (email) that content is important and perhaps we want to suggest certain topics and get sponsor to commit to contribute. At least give some guidelines.
  • Observations were made about new translations into Chinese.

Meeting of November 12th, 2009

Attending were Shawn Brayman, Elaine Hartjes, Larry Bowen, John Page.

  • Because of the shift on November 1st in Canada, time zone conflict with Asia was more pronounced so the 8am meeting was midnight in Sydney. A new rotating schedule that promotes timezone equality was proposed by Shawn and will be implemented effective the November 26th meeting.
  • No change in approaching new supporters or looking for contributions.
  • A discussion ensued about changes made by someone who had not logged into the system so determining validity was not possible. It was agreed that the site would be changed to allow anyone logged in to edit pages. People not logged in can view but not make changes. The consensus was people willing to contribute should be willing to tell us who they are.
  • Observations were made about unsolicited translations into Italian and Dutch.

Meeting of October 28th, 2009

Attending Shawn Brayman, Devang Shah, Nicki Potts, Tang Wee Hen, Larry Bowen, Lynne Myles.

  • Discussion was held post-launch at the FPA on approaching additional sponsors. Shawn and Devang listed several groups they would follow up with.
  • A discussion was held about the pending challenges with time zone differences after Canada goes back to standard time from daylight savings. Shawn indicated he would try and propose a rotating schedule.
  • Shawn made a request for all supporters to start putting the "Proud Supporter" logo on their web sites and to add in content to the site.
  • Observations were made about the new improved "Main Page".